Celadon, molding the mystery of thousand years!
In the land of Daegu-myeon and Chillyang-myeon of Gangjin-gun in Jeollanam-do are kilns that have been used to bake Goryeo Celadon from early to late Goryeo Dynasty. This is the 'origin of Celadon' where you can discover in details the prevalence, development and decline of Celadon in Korea.
According to the archaeological field survey, there are total 188 Celadon kiln sites in this region, which take about 50% of all remaining celadon kiln sites in Korea. In recognition of such significance and academic value, the sites have been registered as a Historic Site No. 68 in 1963. Gangjin Celadon Museum opened in 1997 to systematically preserve and succeed the cultural heritage of Gangjin Celadon Kiln Site and Goryeo Celadon, and has become a mecca of Goryeo Celadon research by offering diverse exhibitions and educational programs.
- Gangjin Celadon Museum
- Goryeo Celadon Digital Museum
- Gangjin Celadon Shop
Gangjin Celadon Museum
- Address : 33 Cheongjachon-gil, Daegu-myeon, Gangjin-gun
- Inquiries : 061-430-3755
- Website : http://www.celadon.go.kr
- Opening Hours : 9am - 6pm (Tue - Sun)
- Closed: Every Monday (Except Celadon Making Class)
- Inquiries & Information: Office 061)430-3733, Celadon Making Class 061)430-3735